Friday, July 25, 2008

16 Weeks......already?!?!?



I really can't believe that Madelyn is already 16 weeks old! I've heard people say they really do grow too fast.......no kidding! It feels like yesterday I was slipping her in the shirt the hospital provided and putting her in that little newborn diaper. These first sixteen weeks have been a blast. Bethany, Madelyn, and I have gone on numerous walks around the neighborhood, taken a few naps together, spent a lot of quality time together (wish there could be more), read many books, and had many more treasured memories.

Everyone talks about losing all of this sleep when a baby arrives. I've got to tell you, Madelyn has actually helped me sleep more! Prior to Madelyn's arrival, I would stay up playing NCAA Football, watch TV, read some useless stuff on the internet, etc.....until midnight or 1am. Nowadays, I am typically in bed by 11pm and get a full nights rest. I will usually have to wake up for the 4am diaper change, but I'm like a NASCAR pit crew with that duty......there really isn't a demand for diaper changers in NASCAR, so I'll keep my day job.

Being able to pick out Madelyn's clothes each morning is such a treat. It's fun coordinating the outfit and making sure she looks pretty for her day at "Gram's". Bethany told me I am not allowed to buy anymore outfits for Madelyn for a little while.......even though she's been impressed with my shopping skills.

I love making animal noises (always have). Over the past few weeks, Madelyn has really started to love the rooster, cat, monkey, and horse noises that I make. It's always great to see her make a big smile when I bust out with one. I imagine Bethany, my sister, and mom are glad that I found somebody to entertain with the noises. I used to leave 'em voicemails with random farm animal noises throughout the day. In the past, my mom got the worst of it.....we had Nextel "walkie talkies", so I would send her a quick "moo call" while she was out. Imagine the looks you get when your purse is "mooing" right in the middle of a grocery store. If you would like a random farm animal call on your voice mail, please let me know (the first one is free).

On a serious note. I knew Bethany was going to be a great mother, but I am amazed everyday by what she does. I know it is not easy going back to work full-time at the Vet Clinic, waking up in the middle of the night to feed, waking up early to feed.....but she does it everday. Thank you for all you do Bethany!


The pic below was a quick shot. As you know, Madelyn learned how to roll this week ( so we put her on a blanket to have some play time). The blanket somehow followed her while she rolled over. When she was done, I called her name, she looked up......and I snagged the pic.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

She is honestly the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.

Cindy said...

Chris, your post left me in tears. I always knew you'd be a wonderful dad, and it's priceless to hear the love and tenderness you feel for your beautiful little girl. Reminds me of Mike and our girls.

Chris and Kim said...

She is adorable!!!! I'm also impressed with the fact that you like to go shopping for her! That's awesome!