Thursday, April 24, 2008

3 weeks

We made it to the 3 week mark that everyone says is the hardest part. Things are going pretty good. We have had several bumps along the way but we are surviving. We had one rough night that we had to put our little princess in the car and drive around at 3 am to get her to sleep so we could get come sleep. We are working on getting the 4-5 hour sleep interval at night and getting her to sleep in the cradle. The past couple days she has only slept if someone is holding her. Yes, I have broke the rule a couple times of letting her sleep with me, but in the middle of the night with no sleep I could care less. Some recent advice was to try and swaddle her tighter to feel like she is being held. This seems to be helping. So much to learn along the way!! We do still think she is adorable and a gift from God. I am getting better at sleeping when she sleeps round the clock and telling what her cries mean.

Our cats have finally adjusted to the new addition. I know they were hoping it would leave soon. For the first week or so they hid and only came out to eat. My cat was vomiting every morning for a few days that poor Chris had to clean up. They have finally given in to the fact that she is here to stay and now come and hang out with us. You can see in the picture my cat is happy to be with the girls now.

Chris is having a great time dressing her up in coordinating outfits, hats and socks. Also, as evidenced by her picture he loves to do her hair (I am not sure she would love it). This is pretty funny since the next day her hair remained spiked because it dried this way! Her great grandmother came to see her for the first time and she had crazy hair! (Note to self her hair dries fast so style it quickly)

Here are some updated pictures of all the fun we are having with her!

8 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

You are doing great...keep it up! Praying for y'all!

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Glad to hear things are going well!

Jaime said...

You are doing great!! We broke the rules a lot with Latham and let him sleep with us too. Sometimes it's more important to get sleep. :) It continues to get better each day. And...the hair picture is priceless!!

Amanda Garcia said...

Awww, how cute! Keep the pics coming!

Amanda

April said...

She is soo cute! I can't wait to meet her.

Leslie said...

I'm FINALLY getting caught up on everyone's blogs! :) Such sweet pics... I can't wait to see her in person! So glad to hear you're all doing well. And BTW, yes, the swaddling method works. My sis had a lot of luck w/ it. Hope to see you soon. XOXO to that precious girl!

M & M said...

I have to admit, when she smiles, she looks like her daddy!
And it was good to get some advice from you last night...please keep it coming. I hope I can learn as much now the easy way!

Chris and Kim said...

She is so adorable! You guys are doing such a great job with her! And I love that you were able to get a picture of her smiling! Congratulations again!