Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!

5 years ago....May 31, 2003


I love looking back at those pictures and thinking about how happy we were to finally be married. I also think about how we had no idea what a wonderful future was in store for us. These past five years have been full of memories. We have experienced many milestones together. Our first 2 years of marriage we managed a long distance relationship so I could finish school. We then moved to Houston and bought our first house. We have traveled from the beaches of Mexico to the slopes of Colorado; toured Washington D.C. and floated the Frio. We were blessed to find a Sunday school class that has strengthened our marriage and has given us many friends to rely on. Now, our newest milestone....Madelyn. Chris and I look at her in awe of what a lovely baby girl we made.


Today....May 31, 2008


We decided to have my grandmother watch Maddy while we went out. We got dressed up and went to a nice steakhouse. After the meal,we called to check in on Maddy and she was doing great. We took advantage of our night out and went to see Baby Mama. It was funny, and humor we can appreciate more nowadays.

We cannot wait to see what God has in store next!!!

7 comments:

The Reardon's said...

What precious memories. Thank you for sharing. I am always amazed at what fun ideas you come up with for your blog!
Julie

Kim and Eric said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Glad y'all had a nice dinner together. We liked Baby Mama too...it was cute.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!! Happy Anniversary! I had no idea we got married exactly one week apart! We got married 6/7/03. :) Glad y'all had a nice date!

M & M said...

Congratulations! and I am glad that you did get a chance to get out just the two of you and enjoy a realxing evening.
IT has been such a joy to get to grow in our marriages together over the past 2 1/2 years.

Nick & Alia Gonzales said...

Congratulations guys!! Y'all are awesome!

Lindsay said...

I don't know your email address so I'm leaving this note here...OMG your Mexican casserole was amazing! If you remember I seriously need that recipe! :) Thank you again!

redassaggie00 said...

Hardly seems like 5 years ago!

Congratulations!